Sunday, November 15, 2015

Apple Pie

Pie comes out fabulous in the steam oven.  It is flakier than in the regular oven and it also has a better shine than in the regular oven.  For my recipe for apple pie, see my blog: cookingwithrachel101.com.
But I am telling you that you will love the results with any pie, including the frozen pie that you buy in the super market.  The crust truly will be better than it normally is.  Simply set your Wolf steam oven to the Auto Steam bake mode and let it work its magic.



Bake your pie on the same temperature you would use for the regular oven. If you use my recipe, that is 375°.





 You will want to set your timer for slightly less than the time on the recipe so you can check it a little early.  If it needs more time then let it go.  For my pie I say it takes 45-60 minutes, I will check it after 40 and let it cook longer if I need to. You can tell if it is done if it is golden brown.

You will notice that once I hit start after setting my temperature and time it says 210°.  That is because it has a steam phase first, then it will raise the temperature and convection bake it at the 375° we set it at.  You will notice that the oven tells you what mode you are using and also what phase the oven is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment