Monday, October 26, 2015

Frozen Rolls


I decided to do a steam oven blog. I do the Wolf appliance demonstrations at Carpet Plus in St. George, Utah. I also have a Wolf steam oven in my own home. I use the thing every day. At the store I answer question after question on how to best use the oven. One customer told me to put the things I learn and do in my blog. (I have another cooking blog: cookingwithrachel101.com) I think it is best if I just keep them separate since most people I know don't have a steam oven and some things, like this post, require no recipes. I tell people all the time that you can proof bread in your steam oven. Let's say I forgot to take the Rhodes frozen dinner rolls out of the freezer and now it is approaching dinner and I have no rolls. On the package it tells you to take them out of the freezer 3-5 hours before you need them. All you need is about an hour and fifteen minutes and your steam oven. Spray the pan you are going to use with cooking spray (I used a muffin tin). Place the frozen dough on to the prepared pan. Put them in the steam oven and using the steam mode set at 95 degrees, proof them until puffy and risen.  For the regular sized dinner rolls this takes about 50-60 minutes. After that time they are thawed, risen, and ready to bake. Push the off button, then set the oven to convection steam at 350 degrees. Bake 13 minutes until golden. Just think, one hour and 13 minutes and you never even move the rolls! It is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Going to try this after attending the Roth appliance demonstration and reviewing on your blog. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, thanks for sharing such a nice article. Am a great fan of your blog, I Appreciate you to write more interesting articles about wolf convection oven.

    ReplyDelete